- Every deselection attempt will create bad press for the leadership. Whereas if Open Selection is introduced there isn't a story. Routine is not a drama.
- It's easier - and more democratic - to have the same process everywhere rather than an easier process which still only happens exceptionally rather than being the rule.
- Trade unionists from affiliated unions can vote in an Open Selection ballot in the same way as other members. No-one is excluded.
- A ballot only happens if there is more than one candidate on the short list.
- Good MP's have nothing to fear from Open Selection. When Mandatory Reselection existed in the 1980's there were hardly any MP's who lost their seats because of it.
- No back room deals, everything is out in the open.
- If you want dedicated hard working activists to go out, rain or shine, to canvass for a Labour Candidate, they are far more likely to do that and are far more likely to be enthusiastic about the candidate if they have a choice about who they are.
- We don't have trigger ballots for Labour or Trade Union elections. Why do we need them for PPC selections?
Please stay polite and focused on why Open Selection is so important. You might also want to mention the threshold for leadership elections, which also has headed in a bad direction, apparently.
And... don't forget to sign the NEC Petition, the numbers are still growing fast.
Chair Andy Kerr CWU email@example.com
Vice Chair Wendy Nichols (direct emails to Wendy Nichols)
Leader Jeremy Corbyn MP CWU
Deputy Leader Tom Watson Unite firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer Diane Holland Unite email@example.com
Shadow Front Bench Jon TrickettMP firstname.lastname@example.org
Shadow Front Bench Rebecca Long BaileyMP email@example.com
Shadow Front Bench Kate OsamorMP/BAME firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard Leonard MSP MP/BAME Richard.Leonard.email@example.com Richard.Leonard.firstname.lastname@example.org
Alun Davis AM Alun.Davies@assembly.wales
EPLP Leader Richard Corbett MEP email@example.com
Young Labour Rep Lara McNeill Youth McNeill.firstname.lastname@example.org
Bame Labour Rep Keith Vaz BAME email@example.com
Div I Trade Unions Keith Birch (Unison) UNISON firstname.lastname@example.org
Div I Trade Unions Jim Kennedy (Unite) UNITE email@example.com
Div I Trade Unions Andi Fox (TSSA) TSSA firstname.lastname@example.org
Div I Trade Unions Paddy Lillis (Usdaw) USDAW email@example.com (Paddy is Gen Sec so direct emails to Paddy Lillis)
Div I Trade Unions Wendy Nichols (Unison) UNISON firstname.lastname@example.org (direct emails to Wendy Nichols)
Div I Trade Unions Sarah Owen (GMB) GMB email@example.com
Div I Trade Unions Currently unfilled (UNITE) UNITE
Div I Trade Unions Ian Murray (FBU) FBU Ian.Murray@fbu.org.uk
Div I Trade Unions Mick Whelan (ASLEF) ASLEF firstname.lastname@example.org
Div I Trade Unions Joanne Cairns (USDAW) USDAW email@example.com
Div II Socialist Societies James Asser Councillor/LGBT James.Asser@Newham.gov.uk
Div III CLP Representatives Rachel Garnham Racheljgarnham@gmail.com
Div III CLP Representatives Rhea Wolfson firstname.lastname@example.org
Div IV Councillor Reps Nick Forbes Councillor email@example.com
Div IV Councillor Reps Alice Perry Councillor firstname.lastname@example.org
DIV V PLP/ EPLP Rep George Howarth MP/PLP email@example.com
DIV V PLP/ EPLP Rep Margaret Beckett MP/PLP firstname.lastname@example.org
DIV V PLP/ EPLP Rep Shabana Mahmood MP/PLP/BAME email@example.com
++And we have a Twitter Storm on Thursday at 7 pm UK time: