- Every deselection attempt will create bad press for the leadership. Whereas if Open Selection is introduced there isn't a story. Routine is not a drama.
- It's easier - and more democratic - to have the same process everywhere rather than an easier process which still only happens exceptionally rather than being the rule.
- Trade unionists from affiliated unions can vote in an Open Selection ballot in the same way as other members. No-one is excluded.
- A ballot only happens if there is more than one candidate on the short list.
- Good MP's have nothing to fear from Open Selection. When Mandatory Reselection existed in the 1980's there were hardly any MP's who lost their seats because of it.
- No back room deals, everything is out in the open.
- If you want dedicated hard working activists to go out, rain or shine, to canvass for a Labour Candidate, they are far more likely to do that and are far more likely to be enthusiastic about the candidate if they have a choice about who they are.
- We don't have trigger ballots for Labour or Trade Union elections. Why do we need them for PPC selections?
Please stay polite and focused on why Open Selection is so important. You might also want to mention the threshold for leadership elections, which also has headed in a bad direction, apparently.
And... don't forget to sign the NEC Petition, the numbers are still growing fast.
Chair Andy Kerr CWU [email protected]
Vice Chair Wendy Nichols (direct emails to Wendy Nichols)
Leader Jeremy Corbyn MP CWU
Deputy Leader Tom Watson Unite [email protected]
Treasurer Diane Holland Unite [email protected]
Shadow Front Bench Jon TrickettMP [email protected]
Shadow Front Bench Rebecca Long BaileyMP [email protected]
Shadow Front Bench Kate OsamorMP/BAME [email protected]
Alun Davis AM [email protected]
EPLP Leader Richard Corbett MEP [email protected]
Young Labour Rep Lara McNeill Youth [email protected]
Bame Labour Rep Keith Vaz BAME [email protected]
Div I Trade Unions Keith Birch (Unison) UNISON [email protected]
Div I Trade Unions Jim Kennedy (Unite) UNITE [email protected]
Div I Trade Unions Andi Fox (TSSA) TSSA [email protected]
Div I Trade Unions Paddy Lillis (Usdaw) USDAW [email protected] (Paddy is Gen Sec so direct emails to Paddy Lillis)
Div I Trade Unions Wendy Nichols (Unison) UNISON [email protected] (direct emails to Wendy Nichols)
Div I Trade Unions Sarah Owen (GMB) GMB [email protected]
Div I Trade Unions Currently unfilled (UNITE) UNITE
Div I Trade Unions Ian Murray (FBU) FBU [email protected]
Div I Trade Unions Mick Whelan (ASLEF) ASLEF [email protected]
Div I Trade Unions Joanne Cairns (USDAW) USDAW [email protected]
Div II Socialist Societies James Asser Councillor/LGBT [email protected]
Div III CLP Representatives Rachel Garnham [email protected]
Div III CLP Representatives Rhea Wolfson [email protected]
Div IV Councillor Reps Nick Forbes Councillor [email protected]
Div IV Councillor Reps Alice Perry Councillor [email protected]
DIV V PLP/ EPLP Rep George Howarth MP/PLP [email protected]
DIV V PLP/ EPLP Rep Margaret Beckett MP/PLP [email protected]
DIV V PLP/ EPLP Rep Shabana Mahmood MP/PLP/BAME [email protected]
++And we have a Twitter Storm on Thursday at 7 pm UK time: